Sunshine Coast Electric Vehicle Association
Information | Education | Events
Our Mission Statement
The purpose of the Sunshine Coast Electric Vehicle Association is to promote the use of electric vehicles of all types on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. We will hold regular meetings and events to expand the knowledge of our members and the general public that will encourage greater adoption of electric vehicles in all sectors of society.
Coast FIRST in adoption, leading the Province
According to numbers obtained from ICBC, as of December 31st 2019, the sunshine coast is leading the province in EV adoption. With all our towns in the top 25, (out of 300 municipalities that have licensed EV’s) we are the fastest growing region in the province per capita with over 437 EV’s. And that is just cars. Electric bicycle’s and scooters are extremely popular on the coast as well and with a perfect riding environment we are sure to be leading there too.
- Check out our first YouTube video: Be sure to subscribe, like and share too!
We are proud to announce our new Marketing & Event Coordinator John and the rest of the SCEVA Executive are delighted to announce that Mieke Bray has taken on the role Marketing & Events Coordinator. For many years Mieke commuted all over Vancouver on an electric scooter e-bike. Mieke has a temendous range of experience in events and the arts and is excited to promote EV life here on the Coast. Mieke is looking forward to buying her first four wheeled EV one day very soon!
Mieke takes over from Yarrow Drtina, who has taken a full time job (something SCEVA is not yet financially capable of offering!) Thank you and good luck in your future endeavours Yarrow!
- New funding approved for EV Charger Program & new EV Ready Plan requirements. This includes rebates for single family residences and multi family stratas. See details Here
- Check out the EV Society Annual Report. Interesting news and events from other EV Associations around the Country.
- The Grand Opening of two fast chargers at Trail Bay Mall on February 28th was a great non-event. Members can still drop by and take a selfie with your car and the charger. Check out the videos of the ribbon cutting HERE
- The BC Hydro EV Network is a great site to learn about EV’s of all types. With Dave’s adventures, campaigns, incentives and further education this is one of BC’s best sources of info.